Digital Static Cling | Self Cling (White or Clear)
- 170 Micron PVC Film
- No Adhesive
- 140gsm Kraft Liner
- Durability: Indoor Use
- Finishes: Clear, White
- Roll Widths: 760mm / 1370mm
Metamark Static Cling is a clear 170 micron computer cuttable, adhesive free PVC film suitable for application to glass or metal. Recommended for screen and digital printing, and typically used to produce labels and window decals, Metamark Static Cling, as the name suggests, adheres using nothing more than static attraction to suitable substrates and removes easily when needed. The durability of the unprinted film is 2 years exterior and 5 years interior.
How do I print and handle Metamark MD-SC?
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and a relative humidity of 50% before printing.
- Do not handle the face film directly and ensure it is free from dust and static.
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco Solvent, UV and Latex printers. Always perform a test print first.
- Ensure that the correct profiles and heater settings are used.
- Print with correct orientation with white version of the static cling, or it may be reversed with clear version, which also allows the clear pvc to be backed up with a solid white.
- Allow a border to prevent edge curl.
- The product does not become touch dry instantly. Avoid use of a take up roller and do not stack prints until fully cured.
How do I apply it?
- Allow the inks to cure before cutting flush to the print, and before application, this is usually 24-48 hours.
- Ensure the glass is clean from grease and dirt. Do not use silicon based cleaning products.
- Take care applying to cold glass as initial adhesion will be reduced.
- Once the decal is cut, apply direct to the window from the backing liner before removal.
- Adheres on both sides (also on the printed side – solvent inks only)
Note: If the printed face is applied directly to the window it may leave some print residue which can be cleaned after.